Here’s what you need to know about Taylor Swift right now.
First, the facts:
- Taylor Swift has a new album.
- The new album comes out on October 27.
- She calls it 1989.
- Big Machine Records will produce 1989.
- Big Machine Label Group produced all of Taylor’s previous albums.
- Taylor calls 1989 her “first documented pop album”.
- Its first single is called “Shake It Off”.
- This is the music video.
- Taylor announced her album in a live stream on Yahoo on August 18, 2014.
- You can watch highlights from the live stream here.
Here’s what I’m deducing from the new album announcement:
- Taylor’s new theme is “1989”.
- In keeping with the 1989 theme, Taylor wore this diaper- inspired onesie to the VMAs.
- Taylor Swift killed her hair on the Red tour from relentlessly straightening it. Luckily, Debbie Harry is very 1989.
- If you buy the CD without the three bonus tracks you’re an idiot. Bonus tracks are where it’s at.
- I find cover of 1989 very Vampire Weekend- ish.
I can’t wait to hear the rest of Taylor’s new album. I feel fans and critics are overly critical of Taylor Swift, who at 24 has more awards and money than most artists get in their entire careers. Shake it off, girl.